JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Spring Sprung

I can't speak for whether Spring is always as short her as it appeared to be this year, but this year spring sprung so fast I almost missed it. The temperatures are climbing into the 90's every day, yesterday was actually pretty humid preceding a rain that started during the night and was still winding down early this morning. All of the sudden, it seems, the bougainvillia are in full bloom, bird chirping can be heard from every piece of vegetation, and things are significantly greener now than they were about two months ago when I got here. About half of the days are overcast due to cloud cover (not dust or haze).

I'm told that in a couple of months, all the overcast will be due to haze and dust, the temperatures will be in the 120's, the humidity will be nothing more than a faint memory (thankfully), and the evidence of spring will be obliterated. Until then, I'm enjoying this, and hopefully by then I'll be a little more accimatized.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

1 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Matt: thanks for the advice, at my age I try to minimize shocks to the body... 95 today and 97 tomorrow, hot but very doable. We'll see.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

4:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home