JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Friday, March 31, 2006

Busy, busy, busy

Jon sent me an e-mail at 2200 (10:00 p.m.) as he was leaving work. He did not have time to post to the blog and so I am posting this note for him. His one comment to me as he signed off was, "the good thing about this work is that I'm never bored and have less ability to miss you..."

I don't think he has posted this either but he did want my mom (Helen) and our friends Kristin and Rani to know that their packages arrived. They were waiting for him when he returned from his trip last week. He appreciated getting the actual OC Register article along with lots of munchies. He also appreciated the books. He does share the goodies with his fellow workers. He and his roommate go through the boxes and keep their favorites and he shares the rest with the other Marines. In some of my predeployment materials I had read that you should always send your Marine enough stuff so he can share. I think that "earns him extra points" in the office. :)

Sheryl for Jarhedjon

1 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Helen: THANK YOU for thinking of me, praying for me, and sending the package. I'm keeping a tally of the things in your package that are turning out to be "hot" items (things that are really special or in big demand or just help us connect to life in the land of the Big PX), and I'll let you and others know.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home