JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Weaponry

Jon was swamped with work today and was unable to post to his blog, so I'm filling in for him. I know some of you wouldn't mind if he took a break, but he is "on a pretty good run" and would like to have a post every day. So here I am posting for him.

Jon is going on a short trip to a different location in the same country. To prepare for the trip he visited the armory. For those of you interested in weaponry, you might find this quote interesting. "I checked out an M-16-A-4 (rifle) for my trip, everyone says not to travel off base without one, as the side-arm I carry (the M-9 Berretta 9mm pistol) is [not very useful] should I actually need a weapon. They gave me a 'combat' load of ammo, 120 rounds (I only have magazines for 90). I also went to supply and picked up some new sapi plates (clay plates that go into the flak jacket so they will be 'bullet' proof), including side sapi plates (which I didn't have before). For the trip I'm switching back to my thigh-rig (holster worn down low like a western/cowboy fast draw holster) for my 9 mil instead of the chest rig (as in the picture in the chapel) so I can wear my flak no problem."

Jon is safe and expects to be fine on this trip. You can pray that I won't worry about him.

Sheryl for Jarhedjon

1 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Dad: Organizational pride demands that I inform you (I know you already know this) that Marine preparedness predates the BSA by about a century and a half, I think. Of course, their motto is a good thing to remember... Thanks for your care and prayer, things went well on the trip.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

7:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home