JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Monday, March 13, 2006

Bank Error in Your Favor...

WELL!! I’d like to thank my brother Greg, Mike (a lawyer, but I’m thanking him anyway, and you DID get my rank right), my Dad, and Ruth (from Rift—from whom I received 2) for today’s Moto-mails. These Moto-mails were to three separate addresses/unit numbers, but all but one of them (Greg’s, which was printed off on the 9th) got to me within 48 hours from when they were printed off, and I think the one anomaly was the result of the past weekend (I don’t the post office here does all their normal activity on Sundays). It is very meaningful to me that each of you took the time to include me in the routine of your day, even if it was to tell me that you had nothing special to tell me J

Remember the Community Chest (or was it Chance) card from Monopoly… Well, a ‘bank error’ in favor of all the Service men and women engaged in GWOT would be for the criminals/terrorists/disrupters of the peace around the world to find that suddenly they were broke. Given the short term survival-oriented priorities of so much of the world (out of necessity), and the instability, lack of credibility, or diminished buying power of legitimate monetary or economic currency (vice black market barter, strong-arm tactics, and corruption), for the illegitimate manipulators of power in the world to loose one of their major motivating tools would be a tremendous enabling factor for those working towards stability, security, and enfranchisement. If you want to pray for something that will work to increase world peace and personal freedom of choice, pray that the ways of the wicked will leave them destitute, and all their evil intents will result in fruitlessness, and their jar of oil will supernaturally prematurely dry up. Pray with discernment, as we certainly have those with wicked ways and evil intent on our side as well, and perhaps we all benefit in some ways from the wealth and industry of the wicked. We are called to be peacemakers, I’d venture to guess that the prayers of God’s people (‘indirect’ involvement) will always prove more significant than active participation (guys like me who are over here, trying as we might).

Semper Fi, Jon G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home