JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Monday, March 06, 2006

Daily Routine

I’m finally settling into what will probably become my daily routine. Roll out of my rack at 0600 and hit the ground running (after sit-ups and pull-ups), a short 3 miles on the hardball around base. Got to watch for gravel on the roads, rock bruises can keep you from training for a week, and running shoe soles are nothing like boot soles for protection… Shave and shower at the shower trailer not far from my hooch, suit up in the uniform of the day, sling on my weapon, and head to work (about a 5 minute walk). Grab my first cup of coffee of the day, and begin TCCCCOps (The Conduct of Complex Coordinated Computer Operations) as directed in support of our mission here. Grab my second cup of coffee. Continue TCCCCOps. Take a short break to clear my head, walk around the building, maybe do some pull-ups to get adrenaline and olive drab blood flowing through my coffee arteries, maybe stop by the gidunk for a snack, and get back to work. Continue TCCCCOps. Take a break from TCCCCOps to write/type Sheryl and Joshua a note, update my blog, and continue TCCCCOps (after drinking another cup of coffee). Oh, I forgot to mention that every cup of coffee (and all the other liquid I’m drinking, because, like a good Marine, I’m staying hydrated by drinking plenty of water as well, and though this is confusing to my system, what with all the liquid and diuretic being shoved at it, between the caffeine and the constant distending of my bladder, there is no way I could fall asleep at my post) carries with it a price tag of at least two trips to the port-a-john outside our office. This is not a bad deal, actually, as the port-a-john graffiti is getting more prolific and hilarious every day, though regrettably the majority is not appropriate for posting on this blog… Go the chowhall and enjoy the very sumptuous and plenteous fare at around 2000 (that’s 8:00 PM for you civilians), log in another hour or so of TCCCCOps, head back to my rack, and call it a day. Saturdays and Sundays are a little slower, but the hours and the events are pretty much the same. Pretty glamorous, eh?! Well, it is, actually, with all the prayer, support, and encouragement that is coming my way. Thanks for your support.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

6 Comments:

Blogger Lina said...

Sounds like they keep you busy over there! At least you have a predictable routine to get into! This week of school is a little bit more relaxed after the flurry of mid-terms--I got through those alright. When we went to hear Oliver North last week I was thinking of you- it was nice to get a perspective of what is going on with our nation over seas from someone who actually knows what is going on, not just what the media tells us. I'm so proud of you--God bless!

8:10 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Carolyn: "Hello" back to Dan, and thanks again for your prayers. I AM really proud of Sheryl, she is really hanging tough when the going is tough... I think of Twila Paris' song "Warrior is a Child," though, and know that she can't be the superwoman she is without the Lord and the Community. Thanks for being there for her!
Semper Fi, Jon G.

11:13 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Joe: the "T4C Ops" acronym is just one I made up to make sitting at the computer sound like more than what it is. There a port-a-johns everywhere here, that is another area where KBR (Haliburton subsiderary) is doing an awesome job. The indicators that this place is still a long way from Stateside garrison are: the port-a-johns and the disposable plates & plasticware that we eat off of. When we get plumbing and china here, I'll start demanding an accompanied tour!
Semper Fi, Jon G.

11:19 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Lina: Congrads on cruising through your mid-terms, I remember how much fun they are NOT. Oliver North is a very sharp guy, a dedicated patriot, and a decorated Marine hero, and also a pretty good author (I'm in the middle of one of his series)--if even half of the people in DC had the integrity of Oliver North, this would probably be a different country.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

11:24 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Debbie: Thanks for your prayers, and for your involvement in Joshua's life. One of the most meaningful parts of his baptism to Sheryl and I was when the Community pledged direct involvement in bringing him up in the knowledge and acquisition/application of the Word of God. Thanks again for being a part of that.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

11:40 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Debbie: Thanks for your prayers, and for your involvement in Joshua's life. One of the most meaningful parts of his baptism to Sheryl and I was when the Community pledged direct involvement in bringing him up in the knowledge and acquisition/application of the Word of God. Thanks again for being a part of that.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

11:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home