JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Mouthpiece


I know that I have praised the Machinist Mate who fabricated the tuba mouthpiece for us, and I thought you all should see his handiwork. Again, we did not have a tuba mouthpiece for him to 'copy,' we had a trombone mouthpiece, which is close to 20% smaller (and of course, the 'tube' the mouthpiece fits into is significantly larger). Petty Officer Heard took a few measurements of the trombone mouthpiece, measured the tuba mouthpiece 'tube,' and that was it.

The weather here is starting to heat up, I know we are at the very cool end of what has been a beautiful spring here. There is quite a lot of green right now, as there has been some rain the last few months, and the birds are in evidence (and audible) everywhere there is the slightest vegetation. I'm still having trouble with email, but a co-worker has helped me with a work-a-round, so Sheryl and I have been able to communicate (even chat, which is fun). It kind of feels more personal to be in this part of the world for Palm Sunday. Thanks for your prayers.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

2 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Dad: We're not quite up to ragtime yet, but we do get better every day.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

3:41 AM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Helen: We are praying that the audience will indeed be blessed, though we are all in doubt... I've heard from Sheryl, things are going fairly well, let's pray for a great trip back.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

3:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home