JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Thursday, April 06, 2006

Great Stuff

Sheryl has requested an itemization of the stuff that I need / want / would like to get while I’m here. Before getting into that, I would like to thank Sheryl and Joshua, my brother Greg, Joe & Helen, and Kristen & Rani for the packages they have sent me. NOTHING that you sent was unappreciated, and all of it was put to immediate and positive use. I have plenty of books to keep me busy, something I am very appreciative of, and though there as no such thing as too many books, I probably will not be able to read them, and bringing them back with me is problematic. The stuff below is categorized into what I particularly love and made the trip very well, and then a second list of stuff that I particularly love, did not make the trip perfectly, but my enjoyment of the item was not diminished by whatever minimal damage may have been done.

List One: trail mix of any kind; jerky of any kind; nuts of any kind (the sesame seed coated cashews were like gold); energy, granola, power or snack bars of all types; fruit leather, fruit rolls, or dried fruit; hard candy (coffee nips or butterscotch drops); instant specialty coffee or flavor syrup (vanilla, amaretto, etc.), and chocolate (any kind, but my favorites are Reeses cups and peanut butter M&Ms, any chocolate/peanut butter combination bar and/or bar and wafer, then Snickers, Butterfingers, 3 Musketeers, and Mars).

List Two: cookies (this is a whole category by itself, but Nutter Butter or Nutter Butter Bites are a favorite, and Girl Scout Cookies are very popular, particularly Samoas [Chololate and coconut covered donut shaped wafers], Tag-alongs [chocolate covered peanut butter wafers], and Café Cookies [for dipping in coffee]); crackers (this is another whole category, everything from Ritz and low salt Wheat Thins—my favorites—to regular saltines);

What I don’t need or items that are plentiful here (for a little cash) are: flavored drink mixes of all kinds, all the basics (soap, toothpaste, shampoo, etc.), and clothing items (socks, t-shirts, etc.). I hope this clarifies things for all.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

3 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Dad: As of 2300, Thursday night, April 06, it has not yet been distributed to me.. I'll let you know.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

12:04 PM  
Blogger Linda B said...

Jon, I wrote on my blog about your promotion and my readers want you to know how much they appreciate what you are doing and that they are proud of you too! I promised I'd pass their support and good wishes along to you. Love,
Linda

9:31 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Linda: Thanks for passing on the message, let them know that all of the Marines here are honored to serve our country, we believe in what the US is trying to accomplish (effect regime change), and are pleased at your support and humbly acceptant of your good wishes. We appreciate YOU.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

4:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home