JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Saturday, April 08, 2006

Quintet


Actually, this is NOT another celebration of my promotion to CWO5. It is about the five instramentalists who have gotten together and formed the quintet that I've been playing with daily. Most of us have not played in twenty years, and it has been a lot of fun. Our first (and perhaps last, as we will be losing our French horn player shortly thereafter) performance is scheduled for Good Friday, to be followed by another piece on Easter Sunday.

I am still not able to send emails, but I can recieve them. They know about the problem, and are trying to fix it, so I'm thankful for this way that I can still stay in touch. Otherwise, things are going very well here. Thanks to Sheryl for posting a link to the webpage of my command.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

3 Comments:

Blogger Lina said...

It is so wonderful to get to see a picture not only of your quintet but of you! I bet the guys on your base are going to love your premire performance; I hope another french horn player comes to your base so your music need not die! Happy Weeekend!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Lina said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:49 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Lina: Thanks for your encouragement, I'm still a little dubious, as our (actually, MY) skill level is still pretty minimal. But--we'll have fun and offer our joyful noise to the Lord. As you can tell, I'm standing on the ground, the trombone and French horn players are on the first step above me, etc.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home