JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Sunday, April 22, 2007

Still Uncertain

Again, the time is flying by faster than I can account for it. The job I submitted my resume for is currently on hold due to contract negotiations, I've been in communication with them regarding the time within which I must recieve a firm answer. They forwarded a benefits package to me, so at least that is something. In the meantime, I am taking the steps necessary to extend my orders with my current command for another two years (should I not obtain private sector employment by May 15th). My command is aware of the possiblitily that I may find a job, but for a variety of reasons has been pretty straight forward about their desire for me to stay on orders. This week begins a week of "field training," or about as close as Corps-level staff officers get to "the field," these are times that are always challenging, always provide great opportunities to learn, and generally enhance the staff's ability to work as a team.
We wrapped up our projects (for the short term) on the house up north, after putting in laminate flooring in the kitchen, dining room, entryway, and hallway, and recarpeting two of the bedrooms. Still left to do is solve the closet door problems in two of the bedrooms (there aren't any) and a ducting problem involving adequate conduct of climate control to the 2nd floor.
Over Spring Break we went to Baja on a four day trip to do some painting and construction with a church we have partnered with in a suburb of Tiajuana. Joshua acted as our interpreter, and did an outstanding job. It was a stretching experience, with God teaching us a little of how every culture experiences brokenness in different ways, and how we are called to be the body of Christ to each other so God can continue the process of sanctification in each of us.
In many ways, re-entering family life has been simlarly challenging. Transitioning from a life that is startingly Spartan, mission oriented, one dimensional and primarily predictable to one that is multitudinous, rich, replete with options and relationship based is no easy task, and I appreciate your continued prayers (for me AND my family). Thanks.

Semper Fi, JarHedJon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home