JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Back to Work...

My first full day "back to work" (following four days of liberty and five half days permitted for the purpose of 'checking back in' from deployment) was a little bit of a switch from my typical day while deployed. There has been a little bit of reorganization taking place at my unit, directed by the command, and the majority of the command was getting their heads back into the game on the same day I was--so it was a little confusing. Another transition happenning simultaneously involves some of our computer systems, and of course office "cubes" are being rebuilt and allocated along with the reorg. However, one thing is still very clear--chain of command. This is really helpful, as even though some things are a little confused, knowing who to go to with each problem that arises is more than half the problem. Putting the 'challenge' in the correct person's inbox, and only expending effort on situations that you know are in your ball park tends to limit stress within the command. Kind of a nice thing about this is that this is going on in the 'rear,' so there is not a lot of 'time is of essence' direction wreaking havoc with the planning process. We can take our time (within reason) to achieve the best working solution for each situation.
Tomorrow I have the honor of meeting with a Girl Scout Troop at Marble Head School who supported me while I was deployed. The members of the troop all sent me letters (with art work attached) wishing me a "Happy Thanksgiving." I was very encouraged by their notes, and look forward to thanking them in person for their support. Thank you, Troop Leader Cindy, for your participation in coordinating this.
I was going to begin training for the Y-Malawi Marathon today, but instead was talked into lunch at Fat Burgers. I'm off to an auspicious start...

Semper Fi, JarHedJon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home