JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Sunday, September 03, 2006

Mail's Coming In

Here I am, settling in for another six months in country, and I’m encouraged (before I can become discouraged) by a slew of letters (some snail mail, some moto mail). My brother Greg, cousin James, Ruth (from Rift), Judy L., Grandpa Baker, and Sheryl. I also discovered a couple moto mails, one from Sheryl and one from Sonny and Sandy, that had been delivered to my desk while I was on R&R, but were “hidden” in my vertical file. Thank you all so much for taking the time to write me.

We’re only three days into the month over here, but I’m already two days behind. Please pray for me, that I can work smart, work hard, and without a lot of interruption. To celebrate my promotion, I had a double scoop of butter pecan Baskin Robbins ice cream, with caramel sauce all over it. This also doubled as a Labor Day celebration. Now back to a more austere diet, and a regular exercise schedule—I gained 15 pounds in the first 6 months over here.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

1 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Hey, Mary: Thanks for posting!! What's the meaning behind your 'handle'? I bet it's a good story. I'll check out your blog whenever I can.

9:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home