JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Monday, August 28, 2006

It Takes a While

Getting back into the thick of things over here does not happen overnight. I’m still getting re-acclimatized to the temperatures. I’m still working at getting ‘back in shape’ following my two weeks of relaxing R&R. I’m still getting out from under the back-log of work that piled up while I was gone.

On the plus side, I’m over the low-grade cold/flu crud I picked up when I got back. I’m almost fully recovered from ‘jet lag,’ my body clock has readjusted to my schedule here. And my new Freedom press Starbucks coffee cup is working out great (thanks so much, Steve, Sandi, Elena, Emma & Evan).

At my promotion ceremony on Friday, I’ll probably have the opportunity to make a few remarks. Pray for me as I prepare for this, that I could clearly and concisely give God the glory.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

1 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Dad: Thanks for the encouragement, and there is not doubt that your training in attention-to-detail and mission accomplishment have been a driving force in my success in the military. Thanks for your prayers.
I'd imagine that it is pretty cool to see the church take these steps.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

9:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home