JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Saturday, July 29, 2006

My Month

This has really been my month. It didn’t seem like it at first, and I appreciate all the prayer on my behalf. A lot of seemingly difficult things have happened; God has blessed me as a result. The first thing was the confusion with my orders, which resulted in uncertainty regarding my R&R trip and discouragement regarding my ability to fulfill my commitment to the MEF. This has been all worked out, and pending a few ‘chores’ that need to be done during the month of August, the situation is resolved.

The next thing was my upcoming promotion. I was the #2 officer selected of a total of 3 CWO4’s (Other Than Active Reserve category, or OTAR) for promotion during FY07. The #1 officer was promoted on 01 May. The promotion message announcing the projected September promotions listed the #3 selected officer for promotion. Well, I was somewhat disturbed by this announcement, so contacted the Promotion Branch at HQMC. They informed me that I would be promoted 01 September. I don’t know about the promotion for the #3 gentleman, I sincerely hope he gets promoted as planned—but I’m pretty jazzed that I’ll be promoted somewhat earlier than ‘necessary’ (promotions need not be effected until September 31st of the FY in question, in this case a date more than a year after what should be my actual promotion date). The September 1st date has not yet been officially confirmed in MFR format, and things can change, but I have the word of the Promotion Branch…

Additionally, I received (today) a very thoughtful package from Susan & Joe, thanks guys. So thoughtful of you to pack the chocolate unwrapped in a separate Tupperware container so that when it melted (which it did) I could still enjoy it. The paperbacks that were favorites of your Dad’s, Susan, were a meaningful gift, and I’m looking forward to enjoying them.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

3 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Dad: Thanks for the long encouraging message. I have yet to figure out what is going on, as my last few recent posts, which I've emailed into the blog to post, have not been posted. This is problematic, as I do not have the time or resources to connect via the web and post directly--connectivity is too slow and too regulated. I'm looking forward to leave myself, I hope Matt & Brenda and Greg are able to take on Deal's Gap, and I'm sure the car will be a blessing (AC or no AC).
Semper Fi, Jon G.

8:39 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Eric: Wow, great to hear from you. How on earth did you connect with my blog? I'll send you an email for sure, we've got about a decade and a half to catch up on. Oooraah.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

8:42 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Steve: Thanks for the well wishes, looking forward to seeing you, too. Prepare yourself for a little cynicism, in case something like that starts to seep into my conversation. I think you can probably handle that, but thought I'd give you a little heads up... I probably talk a harder line than I write, but actually don't know what my line will be until I say it.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

7:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home