JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Tuesday, July 04, 2006

News from Sheryl

While Sheryl and Joshua are traveling and on vacation, Sheryl has asked me to post a few updates to my blog (as she does not have access to her blog) regarding their adventures. The below is from an email I received on the 3rd from Bob & Anne's place in Minnesota:

"Kimberly took Joshua and I on the bike trail. We rode a short bit on the road to the bike trail and then 3 1/2 miles into town. It is a great ride and today was cool -- overcast -- but the path is often in shade due to many trees. Joshua had one fall when we were crossing the road -- which is gravel -- and he fell. He cried a bit, although it barely broke the skin. I think he was just frustrated. But otherwise he was a great rider and even made it up a couple long hills without help. After lunch, I suggested finding the tubes and floating down the river. He was so excited. When we first stepped into the river Joshua got scared and said, "I don't want to do this." But I was able to ease him in and we held hands through the first few rapids. Then at one point we lost hold, he got scared and because he was kind of sitting on the edge of his tube instead of down in it, he fell out. I couldn't reach him, but he had sandals on, pushed off the bottom and grabbed his tube. I don't even think his head went under. He was brave … We ended up floating down 3 times. He wanted a 4th, but I said we could come tomorrow or the next day. Tomorrow there is a 4th of July parade in a local town and Ann said they throw candy to the kids who are watching the parade -- I'm sure that will be a BIG hit with Joshua. I haven't mentioned the candy to him. Tonight we're having home-made strawberry ice cream J

As you can see, they’re having a lot of fun! By the way, happy 4th of July to everyone, we had a short ceremony here in which the FaBQ (now only a quartet, as we’re short a French Horn) played three numbers.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home