JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Monday, June 26, 2006

VTC

Before I dive into the main topic of this posting, I want to thank Uncle Ron & Aunt Marcia for their care package. Despite my earlier moratorium on sending chocolate due to the heat, ALL of the chocolate that you sent made it in good shape (as I type this, I’m enjoying a cup of coffee and some Peanut Butter M&Ms). I am overwhelmed by the variety and quantity of items that you sent, and the Marines in my shop (who are equally enjoying your generosity) join me in voicing their grateful thanks.

I had a pretty rare opportunity to talk to Sheryl & Joshua for an extended period of time (an hour vice the usual ½ hour) through the media of a video telephone conference (VTC). The rooms at either end are pretty sterile, and the dominant feature on each end is the conference table, but it seemed we were able to ‘connect’ somewhat better than through telephone alone. It was a great gift to be able to see expression. Turns out that an hour is almost too much (for Joshua, anyway), though perhaps a ½ hour would have seen a little short. Joshua had some ‘props’ to prompt conversation, that was Sheryl’s idea, and it seemed to help ‘loosen’ him up a little.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home