JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Over My Head


There are a lot of things that I would not want hanging over my head. However, thanks to my brother Matt, I can say that I’ve got nothing hanging over my head except what I specifically want there. It’s taken awhile, as there has been a substantial delay in finding a piece of glass the right size, but BMW is now about as overwhelmingly represented as possible. OK, you can see that there is a token HD calendar in the lower right of the photograph, and a picture of someone’s wife on a Buell, but there is no escaping the dominance, both in sheer space and spectacular representation, that BMW has on this particular wall.

All of that being true, and no apologies to BMW, my son’s drawing of his hand (accomplished together before I deployed) in the center right is infinitely more meaningful than any of the other stuff. The former represents man-made stuff that will ultimately be junk. The latter represents something that God created that has eternal value. I include the last paragraph in this post just so that you’ll know that I may be a long way from home, but I have not lost all sense of perspective…

Semper Fi, Jon G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home