JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Monday, June 05, 2006

Girl Scout Cookies

My recollection of the way Girl Scout Cookies are sold is that once a year they are distributed as ordered and paid for in advance to those who have been “coerced” into buying them. I put “coerced” in quotes, as ALL of the varieties that I’ve had a chance to sample are VERY SATISFYING—if one has to choose between the varieties it boils down to preference, not a disparity in quality. The reason I bring this up is that these wonderful snacks have been showing up (in waves, so it seems) in substantial quantity and fairly consistently since I arrived here more than three months ago. This sort of breaks the once-a-year Girl Scout Cookie sales model, and I for one am extremely grateful that the specific Girl Scout Cookie manufacturers, the specific Girl Scout Cookie product organizers, the specific Girl Scout Troop or Troops, or the specific Girl Scout Cookie customers, or all or any combination of the above, care enough to break this paradigm.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

2 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

B&J+BJN: Good to hear from you guys! I have not received a motomail from you, so there must be something short-circuiting there, so I'm glad you jumped on the blog. Your motomails may be in transit, though I recieve most of them in 2 days, some have taken ten or more. Thanks for your prayer and support.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

11:00 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Brad: Actually, after thinking about it yesterday, I do recall getting one, or maybe two, motomails from you--right after I arrived in country. However, after that, I have not recieved any. I'll check through my motomails tonight to see what I have from you. Thanks for the effort, Brad, it means a lot to me that you made the effort.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

12:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home