JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Answer to Prayer

I am very blessed—God answered my needs probably before most of you read yesterday’s blog. In fact, as I was typing yesterday, it occurred to me (I believe God inspired the thought) that I could approach a Staff Sergeant that works in our shop and ask him about his work load and if he could handle more. He works the night shift (during which there is considerably less activity), and it turns out he has been actually looking for more tasking. I initially cloaked my request as a query regarding how the essential but routine data entry (about two hours worth a day) would be accomplished while I was gone for three weeks in August, and he said he could do it. Then, without me even asking, he came back with, “You know, Sir, no need to wait until August, I could start doing that any time you want, like right now!”

Of course, I still have a lot of work to do, and I need to be careful not to ‘waste’ any of the gift of time I have been given. Continue to pray that I will use my time and energy wisely, pace myself, and apply the most effort to the most essential tasks in a timely manner.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home