JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Friday, May 19, 2006

Weather Update

I’ve had a couple of comments about the weather, so I thought I’d bring you up to speed: Spring is finally over, there has been no rain in the forecast now for a week and none projected in the near future. Daily highs (temperature-wise) constantly range triple digits, and daily lows (usually around 0600 in the morning) are in the mid-seventies. Tomorrow is predicted to be a yellow flag, the day after a red flag, and the two days after that are predicted to be black flag days.

My exposure to this weather is fairly limited, as my REMF workaholic routine keeps me glued to a computer in an air-conditioned office space, and my quarters are also artificially cooled (in this case, use of the word ‘artificial’ has a positive connotation, though it occurs to me that generally this word is not normally associated with things ‘sought after’. Be that as it may, I have yet to see a structure here specifically designed for year-round human habitation that is naturally cooled. For natural cooling techniques, investigate ‘passive solar heating and cooling’ in your library’s National Graphic Standards in the Professional/Architectural Reference section).

Semper Fi, Jon G.

1 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Ruth: Certainly would be great to do some weather swapping? SoCal can always use more rain, and so could this place, I imagine, and there are a lot of places that could use our 'sun,' (like Seattle). I'm sticking to my "pacing" plan, and you're right, there's always more work.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

10:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home