JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Variety

It has been said that “Variety is the spice of life.” I am finding that this is true, to a certain extent. Of course, opposed to that statement is another statement or two, like “We’re creatures of habit” and “Change creates stress.” Out here, where every day, seven days a week, is virtually the same, the same tasks are repeated over and over endlessly, and it seems impossible to vary anything (even what one wears to work every day), any segment of life that offers choice becomes a major distraction.

The famed chow hall here actually carries several brands of various items, depending on what is available in the marketplace. Banana milk (a favorite of mine, reportedly a combination of milk and bananas which probably contains neither), strawberry milk, certain colas, and apple juice are examples of items of which there are at least two brands. Well, an officer in our shop began hosting taste tests, and it was quite an enlightening experience. I had actually been favoring the banana milk brand that I thought was better, but in fact tasted less satisfactory. Like the average non-rational shopper, I was probably basing my preference on packaging (since price wasn’t an issue J).

Semper Fi, Jon G.

2 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Bob: Definetely remember all that stuff, and as I recall, it was ME that got YOU through history class. Don't think you got along with Ferrin very well. But you got me through track and cross country, so there you go. I'll send an email with more.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

9:56 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Bob:: I guess it would help if you knew my email--jarhedjon@cox.net. It will take a day or two to get to me, but then I'll have your address and we can get up to speed.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

10:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home