JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Got Discipline?

The Navy Commander I share a room with is going to be ‘out of town’ for five days on a trip. He has been on a couple trips so far, the longest for three days. We have fallen into the routine of training at the same time every day (at 0600 in the morning), though the specific training we each choose to do differs somewhat from the other (I run and do isometrics six days a week, he does weights three times a week and mirrors my routine three times a week). However, when he has been gone in the past, my routine falls apart. I stay at work later, stay up later reading, sleep in a little longer in the morning, and generally skip PT altogether.

I’d like to not totally ‘loose my focus’ this time around, which will call for some discipline. I have a tendency to sink to the lowest possible level of expected performance and stay there as long as I can get away with it, a tendency that does nothing to help me accomplish my short term or long term goals. I also love to rest, nap, and sleep (I don’t’ want for this to be taken the wrong way, but probably the happiest moments of my life have been spent in bed). So, I’m asking for prayer for me to have (or acquire a little) discipline. Also, pray for the strength to cope with an answer to this prayer—I’ve heard praying for patience brings tribulation, who knows what praying for discipline will bring….

Semper Fi, Jon G.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home