JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Sunday, April 23, 2006

French Horn Player

Good news, we’ve got a new French horn player for the FaBQ, a Marine from CAG (Civil Affairs Group). She can only practice with us on weekends, but will work on the music on her own during the week. We’ve also found another trumpet player. This gives us three players for two trumpets, two of whom can only practice intermittently, so it may work out. In the meantime, the trombone, 1st trumpet and tuba are having fun tackling music way beyond our depth (Armed Forces March and The Thunderer, for Memorial Day in three weeks or so), but having a lot of fun doing it.

I was wrong, the ‘rainy’ season is not over yet, with rain forecast twice in the coming week. Guess I’ll have to carry that (mostly useless, being as it was made for a vertically challenged average height of 5’ 8”) poncho around a little longer.

Semper Fi, Jon G.


1 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Helen: Thanks for reading my blogs, I'm getting so busy that I'm not keeping up with the daily entry "requirement," which I regret.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

10:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home