JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Rain

Two days ago it rained on and off all day, occasionally coming down at a tropical rainstorm pace. I have great memories of running barefoot in the rain as a kid (in fact, shoeless in the rain was a strictly enforced rule at the school I attended as a kid, probably because such a rule more than tripled the life of shoes during the rainy season). Some of the Marines that were supposedly conducting martial arts training in a sandy clearing decided to have fun and the training session degenerated into a mud fight. It looked like a lot of fun.

The next morning, my trip to the shower trailer highlighted the downside of such muddy activity: one shower stall in particular was covered with a half inch thick layer of mucky goo, and the floor was almost as bad. Ah well, I don’t think anyone around here minds, as long as at least one shower stall is clean enough for those who can’t handle a little mud. As little as it rains here (we’re probably now at the extreme end of spring here, that may have been our last rain of the season), I sure enjoyed it.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lina said...

I love rain--it sounded like we might get some last night, but no luck. A mud fight sounds fun to me too--the only drawback is getting cleaned up again. I'm glad your Easter went well; ours was SUPER busy. I can't wait for school to get out so I can start my adventure in Zambia. They are probably finishing up their rainy season too.

8:37 AM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Lina: California has been having a lot of rain this year, which is good, but the flooding and damage is not fun... Every day is busy out here, but I know what you mean--stress and pressure can mix with busy-ness to create a volitile mix.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

10:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home