JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Met a Friend

A week and a half ago I was finally able (the lack of bandwidth had previously prevented it) to sign up for a Moto mail account (which is good for US to theatre or from somewhere in theatre to somewhere else in theatre), and I sent Agur a Moto mail to encourage him, send him a greeting, and let him know where I work in case he was ever in the area. Then, about three days ago, there he was, in my office! Turns out he occasionally does make it to my area, and he was able to stop in and see me. We were able to chat for a (short) while, and compare experiences thus far. Though my living conditions and lifestyle here are considerably different than his (I have a lot more ‘comforts’ at my disposal), he said that he has been overwhelmed by the care and generosity of the Community back home. He said that he receives more than double the ‘care’ packages of anyone in his unit! One of the drawbacks of his situation is that he has no easy way to communicate frequently or at length with folks back home, so I thought I would keep you informed of how he is doing. He is in great health (might be a little leaner, but says that is not due to lack of sustenance—probably related to strenuous activity in this climate), good spirits, and it was great to talk with him.

We both would like to thank each of you, and all of you corporately, for your support, care, and encouragement of us over here. We are aware that our physical experience of your efforts is but the tip of the iceberg, that there are many more, in addition to those we know of, who are praying for us and supporting us in many ways that we will probably never have knowledge of. Thanks.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

3 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Sarah: I was quite surprised, and it was all Agur's doing, I simply told him where I worked, and he made it a point to look me up. Thanks for you prayers, no need to tell you they make a difference...
Semper Fi, Jon G.

8:55 AM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Chris: Sheryl forwarded the email from Agur's Mom to Susan to you, thanks for being a crucial link. I'm doubly sorry that I didn't think to get a picture, next time I'll hopefully remember...
Semper Fi, Jon G.

10:07 AM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Tod: Always great to see folks you know, tends to bring what we're doing over here into the context of our lives back there. "Oorah" on Bonhoeffer's quote (that's "Amen" in Marine lingo).
Semper Fi, Jon G.

10:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home