JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Monday, April 24, 2006

Two Months

Well, I have actually been in country for more than two months, and I am very blessed. No athlete’s foot or fungus, no major sinus-headache-flu bug, no gastro-intestinal-runs crud, or any other physical mishap of any kind. I’m hanging on to my high end toilet paper, Matt, though I hope that its use does not become essential. My tooth has become a non-problem (thanks for your prayers). I have been flooded with Moto mails, packages, snail mail, and support. I am very encouraged by your care of me during what is otherwise a difficult time (separation from Sheryl and Joshua, etc.)

I am also encouraged by the tremendous resolve of the people in this country to seize the opportunity that lies ahead of them, an opportunity created by the policy of regime change implemented by the united (at the time, anyway) leadership of the United States. I am very honored to be a part of a dedicated military who, every day, it seems, find better ways to accomplish their mission here. The initiative, courage, applied values, enthusiasm and dignity that accompany every task are an inspiration to me, and they are certainly enabled, as I am, by the support and the will of the people. This support is a tangible thing to me here; why I did not feel it so dramatically for the 4 years I was on involuntary mobilization orders, non-deployed, in the very place where this support originates? Makes me wonder.

Semper Fi, Jon G.


1 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Dad: Appreciate your comments, and your support. Hopefully, enough of the people who have a more realist perspective will vote when the time comes.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home