JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Monday, May 29, 2006

Chair Saga (¶5)


About a week of use, and my Ghetto Yankee Workshop fabrication was replaced with a new chair! It looks pretty much like the Jurassic Park variety, and I’m sure they’re made by the same manufacturer, but some improvements have been incorporated into the design. The covers are cloth, not pseudo leather. The arms are held on with machine screws that are properly anchored vice wood screws that screw into a tiny chunk of plywood imbedded in the side rail of the chair. Most significant, the telescoping pedestal appears to have been modified so that the single point of failure, at the base of the chair, will no longer fail as readily. Anyway, that is certainly the hope around here. In any case, I saved the pentagonal wooden pedestal in case I eventually have to use it with my “new” chair some months hence.

I managed to work a few hours less than otherwise yesterday due to Memorial Day observance, so—I owe, I owe, it’s off to work I go…

Semper Fi, Jon G.

1 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Dad: I've never applied the word "happy" to myself readily, as I still have yet to define the word fully as it applies to me... Words like 'content,' 'satisfied,' and 'enjoyment' are easier for me to deal with... I AM in a chair (now, don't know how long it will last), though, and that's a good thing.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home