JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Sunday, May 28, 2006

Chair Saga (¶4)


I managed to convince myself that things were fine with the blanket padded folding chair, but in fact, they were not. About near the end of the 2nd week, I think, I had hit an unacceptable pain level with that chair as well. No doubt that the blanket cushioned my rump in an acceptable manner, but this was apparently accomplished be evenly distributing the pressure just to that minimum level that I was able to banish the discomfort from the most perceptible upper levels of conscious thought. Over the two week period, I guess, the soft tissue, underlying bone, and muscle in that area was being slowly and steadily bruised and crushed by my weight until all the sudden, my whole body hurt. I had to rectify the situation by somehow spreading distributing my weight evenly across the whole spectrum of my derriere. So, I built a pentagonal pedestal for one of the broken chairs, and though the seat no longer swiveled, tilted, or had variable height adjustment, it was very comfortable. It took me about an hour to apply the modification, but it was very effective. Obviously, I had no screws or nails, so duct tape had to suffice. The paper placard says "CIHOC Ghetto Yankee Workshop."

The FaBQ has benefited by a Sergeant who is a tuba player, much better than me, and he will play whenever the FaBQ is called upon to perform (like at the Memorial Day ceremony today). However, with only one tuba, we both cannot practice with the band. The Chaplain has ordered another tuba from DRMO, so pray with me that it arrives sooner rather than later. Thanks.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home