JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Saturday, June 03, 2006

Use the Sun

The idea of making Sun Tea is not original to me, of course, but out here, where there seems to be so much of the sun, and it seems to be so much hotter than anywhere else, and it is getting close to the longest day of the year, it makes perfect sense. I’ve got a large jar (thanks to Sheryl, who sent it to me filled with cashewsJ) that I filled with water, added tea bags, and set it out in the sun. I’ll tell you tomorrow how the experiment goes. I doubt I’ll be able to interest anyone in a “best sun-brewed tea” competition, though I have seen numerous sun tea canisters around the camp—I don’t know any of those sun-tea-brewers, and there is not a lot of collateral time around here to pursue opportunities like this.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

1 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Dad: Glad you enjoyed the cd, and the hymn expecially. I had fun making it, though now probably not so much fun, as it's a good 20 degrees hotter out there now.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

1:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home