JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Sunday, June 04, 2006

Daily Contact

I just received a note from my Mom, and she commented on the almost daily ‘contact’ she has had with me since I’ve been deployed. My folks live in Tennessee, my siblings are scattered all over the US, and Sheryl, Joshua and I live in California. It just kind of struck me that my family and friends, even those that live ten minutes away from my house in SoCal, actually can be more ‘up-to-date’ and more informed as to my life (even though I’m now thousands of miles away) than when I was there. Not that my friends in SoCal would ever go to my blog to stay ‘current’ with me, even had I been maintaining a blog when I was there, when they could just pick up the phone and call me or send me an email, but as far as my family is concerned, this blogging stuff (my sister and several of my nieces have blogs) has the potential to create a paradigm shift in inter-family communication—if fact, has obviously already started to do so.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home