JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Sunday, July 02, 2006

Blessed (continually)

I received a care package the other day, from Sonny and Sandy. What a treat! You are so creative in what you send, not only the specific ‘standard’ items I’ve requested (like Nutter Butters), but also specially selected Beef Jerky flavors, special oatmeal energy bars, chocolate-peanut-butter snacks, and specialty trail mixes. I think I am managing to stay in shape, despite the abundant supply of non-DFAC food supplies, and it is SO much more enjoyable this way. Thank you so much for thinking of me and ‘caring’ for me.

It looks like I may be doing some in-country travel. I agree with my boss that though the scheduled travel will have a definite negative impact on my mission accomplishment in the short term, it has the potential to have a positive (possibly a decisive) impact on long term success (in a very limited aspect) throughout the AO. I’ll keep you posted, as much as is possible and prudent, and in the meantime, would appreciate your prayers in this regard.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home