JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Friday, August 25, 2006

Back in the Groove

I've been back in country now a little over 24 hours, and jet lag has messed me up a little. However, I'm almost back in sync, only about 3 hours off the mark, which isn't bad considering the 11 hour time zone difference. I've managed to take care of over half of the business emails waiting for me, and need to start getting caught up on almost a month's worth of work. Additionally, while I was gone my NIPR (unclassified) email account was deleted, so it will take me some time to re-acquire email addresses, and of course all my saved messages are forever gone. I would have backed these files up to some shared location, but we simply don't have the space/capacity here for that, and knew there was a risk of this happenning.

It is hotter than I remembered, and my two weeks or so away from the heat has left me partially un-acclimatized--hopefully this will not be a factor for very long. I've got a "new" boss, and it does not appear that my job will be changing very much, though some of his direction will undoubtedly be different than his predecessor. We've got a very busy time (operationally) coming up, so I expect things will be pretty hectic for the next month or so. I'll try and keep you all informed as often as possible.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home