JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Thursday, August 24, 2006

I'm Back--Pray for Joshua

First, I should 're-open' my postings by assuring everyone that I had a great time at home. Sheryl has posted a few entries on her blog related to my R&R, if you want to follow the link to her blog under the 'links' section on the left.
I'm back, and about two days ealier than I expected. Travel to Theatre was about the minimum that could be expected, I left Orange County at 0730 on the 22nd, and arrived back on Post about 0230 on the 25th. I was able to call Sheryl twice on the way, connecting with her once, and leaving a messsage the 2nd time.
Sheryl informed me that Joshua is very angry at me for walking out of his life (again), and I can't blame him for that. However, please pray that Joshua will be able to process my leaving and continued absence in a way that is healthy, strengthens us as a family, and allows him to 'move on.' I find it very difficult to make sense of why I'm here sometimes--not operationally, of course, but based on my personal priorities. If it's confusing (and painful) for me sometimes, I know it must be signigicantly more so, and of greater impact, to Joshua and his perception of things. Thank for your support in this.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

1 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Ken: Thanks for posting. I REALLY appreciate all you've done to support me and my family during this deployment, and Joshua HAS DEFINITELY enjoyed his time with your family. Both Sheryl & I were missionary kids and grew up attending boarding schools at a very young age (about Joshua's age, actually), and know the short term and long term impact of separation from family members--we 'know' a little more that our parents did, I think, regarding the relational and emotional aspects--but hopefully the 'scarring' can be minimized.
Thanks again, Ken, for your involvement in our lives.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home