JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Thursday, August 03, 2006

Headed Home for R&R

Jon sent this message to me this evening and so I thought I'd update y'all. Sheryl

Well, things are going according to schedule. The place where I am now (still in country) has an internet cafe, which is how I can send this message.
The travel is much the same as it was when I arrived, but the transient tents have improved somewhat in quality, and so have the services available to transients--and the facilities in which those services are performed. The chowhalls are nicer, better protected, the tents are being replaced with better tents (almost semi-permanent structures, really), the AC units are plentiful enough to allow sleep (most of the time, when there isn't a power outage or something), though sleep is always a drag with people coming and going all night, all day, crowded shower facilities, etc.. However, I'm not complaining--as I said, things are getting better, and lots of folks out here (including the majority of the citizens of this country) don't even have these basics.

Semper Fi,
Jon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home