JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Sunday, August 27, 2006

Promotion

My promotion to CWO5 has been confirmed by MARADMIN for Friday, 01 September 2006. The ceremony will begin at 0830, and my rank will be conferred by the I MEF G2 (barring any schedule conflicts). I'm kind of getting a little excited about it. I've been a CWO4 for six years now, which is by far the longest period of time I've spent at any one rank (though it is expected to spend longer at each successive rank).

I'm struggling with a low-grade cold and flu symptoms, and probably some dust allergies (I've been sneezing a lot)--today was about 117 degrees and very dusty. Not windy, just fine particles of dust in the air, sort of similar to the marine (the only use of this word that is not capitalized) layer on the California coast, only silt instead of moisture. The slightly amber haze seems to trap in the heat, though that's probably more perception than fact. All that being true, I spend most of my day indoors, where I am slowly getting a handle on how much work has piled up while I've been gone...

Semper Fi, Jon G.

4 Comments:

Blogger Linda B said...

Congratulations on your upcoming promotion! It was good to talk to you while you were here.

4:47 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Linda: Thanks, and it was good to talk with you and Walter as well. Those were probably about the fastest 14 days of my life.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

9:54 AM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Dave: Thanks for thinking of me, praying for me, and for your encouraging words. We actually went to the beach in SoCal as a family during my R&R, not a third world country, but... still awesome. I thought of you and Susie while I was in the States, as Eric Sparks posted a note on my blog with his email. When I left, he had not yet answered my email, but I hope to hear from him soon.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

10:01 AM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Helen: Thanks for the congratulations. I don't think there is any way to adjust to the seperation, just ignore it or deny it. But I know what you mean. Sheryl may be having fun, but I'm sure she's being hiked to death--Joshua was going to take her up the Mist Trail, and last time we were there I, Marine that I am, could hardly keep up with him.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

10:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home