JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Time Window

Well, I can hardly believe it's been over a month since I last posted, but time has been flying by for me. I have been overwhelmed by the depth, breadth, and sincerity of all the "Welcome Home" greetings I have recieved, and the number of you that prayed for me (and are still praying for me). I have found it difficult to transition from a 'one dimensional life' of the deployment to the multi-faceted complex and many-optioned life of family, job, community, school, church, etc...
I have a short time window in which to pursue private sector employment. If I can find a job that will provide adequate income to support our continued residence in our current living situation, I will take that option and revert to active reserve status. I have posted my resume on a well reputed job search web site, and have recieved a few 'hits.' I've also been referred by a collegue to a job (the job description is something that I think I would enjoy and would utilize some of my stronger skillsets) where I would support Marine Corps commands from outside the Corps--and have proceeded past the 'initial interview' stage. The 'front man' for the corporation has informed me that if I don't hear anything from the 'second' stage of the process by Friday (April 6th) to touch base with him for a status report. Please pray with me, Sheryl and Joshua regarding this opportunity. I am getting 'mixed messages' from my current command as to whether or not continuted active service would result in deployment for a year in 2008, so it would be nice to dispel the need for concern with a non-deployable job.
Thanks for sticking with this blog, and I'll see if I can't get back into a more regular posting habit.

Semper Fi, JarHedJon

1 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Dad: Thanks for your prayers, this job would be an exciting opportunity, so much so that if it doesn't work out, it will be tough to motivate myself to look for some other job vice just staying in (a very acceptable way to bring home the bacon, God's provision of my career in the military is nothing to necessarily walk away from). Oorah.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

9:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home