JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Friday, August 24, 2007

Training Injury

Well, Folks:
Last Saturday the training schedule (for beginners) called for a 16 mile distance, which was not easy, but training with friends makes it considerably easier. The rest of Saturday, I was moving pretty slow, but no major concerns. Sunday when I woke up, however, I discovered my right ankle was swollen and sore, and it felt very much like it was badly sprained. I have not been training this week, and am instead, when I need to perambulate, very gingerly and slowly covering the necessary ground. Additionally, I am working at keeping my right foot elevated and iced whenever possible.
I am pretty discouraged as a result of this set back, but am still committed to the marathon, even if I have to walk it. I'd appreciate your prayers for healing and strengthening, as I'd prefer to run the marathon with the folks from my church that I've been training with. Thanks.

Semper Fi, JarHedJon

2 Comments:

Blogger Linda B said...

Hope you recover soon. We've been dealing with several minor injuries around here.

8:41 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Linda: Sorry to hear that injuries have been incurred by y'all--and speaking for myself, it is always a shocker when they happen to ME... or at least, my sprained ankle seems more of a hassle, or happens at a worse time, or incapacitates me more, than anyone else's probably does them. This is a foolish perspective, of course, and I pray that I'm learning to think of others in their lives, as well.

Semper Fi, JarHedJon

9:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home