JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Thursday, October 04, 2007

Marathon on Sunday

It's finally here, the weekend that I'm scheduled to run my first marathon! I'm flying to Chicago tomorrow along with fifteen others from my church, and it looks like we will raise enough money to provide a new source of clean water for a community in Malawi! As soon as I possibly can after I cross the finish line (I'd appreciate your prayers so that this eventually happens), I'll call Sheryl and let her know. If you watch her blog on Sunday afternoon, I think that will be the best place to get an update.
I am not running this marathon for speed or time, but based on my training expect to finish in less than five hours. I think the start is officially at 0800 Chicago time, but given the number of folks running the race, I may not cross the start line for a good hour or more.
Thanks to every one of you who are praying for me, and to those who have given so fresh water can bring health and livlihood to folks who really need it.

Semper Fi, JarHedJon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home