JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Monday, October 22, 2007

Fires, Yes, but We're Safe

Despite the many fires threatening homes in many areas of southern California, our family and our neighborhood are safe. Commutes to and from work (or anywhere, for that matter) take at least twice as long as normal, due to the many road closures and whole neighborhoods being evacuated. Of course, we fight frustration as we sit in bumper to bumper traffic, but we are so thankful that we have a home to return to and can sleep in our own beds at night.
I ended up over-doing it on that three mile run back on October 10th, I've actually been forced off the road by a super-sore ankle (my left one, this time) that I apparently over-stressed on that little run. I think I've finally turned the corner on it, though, and plan to start running again (at first, probably on the treadmill) by November.
We'll be in "transition" from the 2nd weekend in November until the middle of December, when we plan to move into our new pre-fab home. Watch Sheryl's blog for more details :)

Semper Fi, JarHedJon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home