JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Trashed Starbucks Card

I met this morning with some men from our church who had been with me in a small group that convened weekly at the local Starbucks.  I still had a Starbucks card from those days, though it only had enough left on it to pay for about a third of a medium mocha.  The coffee card was unceremoniously trashed after more than two years in my wallet, and it seemed more than coincidental and somewhat symbolic that my card would run out on the same day as my last meeting with these men that I count as significant and meaningful.
Of course, let me not push this analogy too far, lest these men consider themselves no more valuable to me than a guarnteed good cup of coffee.  I'm sure I'll wish, at times, for some fru-fru coffee--but there's no comparing that to the yearning of my heart for Fellowship.  Thanks, guys, for a haven in which I could risk exposure.
 
Semper Fi, Jon G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home