JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Invigorate the Mundane

Yesterday I decided to arrive late to work in order to take my son to school one last time. I have looked on family related tasks like this (that intrude on my schedule) as chores, and put them on the list of things to be generally avoided when reasonably possible.
However, my pending long-term seperation from my family (I'm guessing) changed my perspective dramatically. I so enjoyed the drive to school, the walk to the school yard with my son, and the "normal" interaction waiting for the school bell to ring, that I've decided to arrive at work late EVERY day until I leave so I can take my son to school. There are immediate consequences, of course--I'll have to work through lunch, or a little later in the day--but immediate benefits (mostly intangible but immensely more important) as well.
By the way, thanks to all those who are praying for me and my family, and for your encouraging posts to this blog and in other ways. As you can see, I'm already being blessed because of you.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home