JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Tuesday, February 14, 2006

BLUF

This is another acronym: Bottom Line Up Front.  Those of you who know me are aware that I'm not too good at this one.  I tend to pontificate, beat around the bush, and over explain.  Put simply, I am not succinct.  I tend to believe that anything worth saying is worth communicating completely--and this usually takes (me) more than one sentence.
Yesterday, our mobile home park owners sent us a BLUF--we have two weeks to re-paint the trim and paint the awning supports on our home (more properly referrred to as a "coach," right Joe & Helen?), or they will charge us to contract the job to someone else.  Their demands felt a little invasive, and my first reaction was a little defensive.  I was able to negotiate a month's reprieve, but perhaps it was more of a bluff--since I'd like to force them to deal with it, since I cannot.  I believe this could be termed impulsive, poor risk management.
 
Semper Fi, Jon G.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home