JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Thursday, February 23, 2006

Tougher on Her

I want to thank everyone for all the support that has been showered on me, the love and prayers. I arrived at my duty station last night, have begun the snapping in process, and I am substantially impressed, overall, with the operational and living environment that will be my home for a year. Though I miss Sheryl and Joshua more than I can say, I've found that due to the new surroundings, the "adventure" and unknowns of the trip here, all the new personnel that I am meeting and will be working with, and the demanding nature of fitting into a new team at work--my loss re: Sheryl and Joshua is not constantly in the forefront of my brain housing group.
Not so Sheryl and Joshua. There is now a void in their lives that I used to fill. I am not around the house, I cannot physically interact with them, I am no longer a part of their daily routine (like I have been for Joshua's whole life and in the fourteen years that Sheryl and I have been married). I know you all are surrounding her with your love, prayers, and encouragement--thanks. Please, for my sake, make her the focus of your concern--for every time you inqire about me, ask her twice about her and Joshua, and every time you pray for me, pray twice for her and Joshua. She is right there, a little more at hand for those in her community, and I know she would apreciate it.

Semper Fi, Jon G.

4 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Joe: I had the idea in my head before I left that this would be the case, but now that I'm in it with Sheryl, it seems a lot to cope with. Thanks for your response. Semper Fi, Jon G.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Linda B said...

Jon--I think this is almost universally true--that the "leaver" has it easier than the "left," at least in the beginning. The stimulation of a new environment makes the separation a lot easier to cope with. We continue to pray for all of you. And you might let your fellow Marines know that here in East Texas we strongly support the military and are proud of all of you for what you are doing. More than once I have seen total strangers walk up to a soldier in uniform just to thank him for his efforts in preserving our freedoms. So here's a big THANKS to you personally. We love you.

Linda

12:55 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Linda: Thanks for your support, it's very important to us, and I WILL pass your remarks on to those in my section.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

6:25 AM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Brian: Thanks for hitting my blog, I don't know how I managed to leave a positive impression on you, hiding and gliding at Camp Snoopy. Those were good days--and so are these, thanks in part to encouragement from friends like you! Thanks for your comments.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

6:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home