JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Friday, February 17, 2006

Well, he's off! This is Sheryl reporting for Jon. We spent 3 1/2 hours getting Jon and the other Marines off on the buses this afternoon. This evening Jon was able to call to confirm that they made it to the airbase where they expect to fly out tonight. He hopes to call me from various stops along the way, if he can, so I'll try to keep you posted. He wants a posting on the blog every day.

Joshua and I are doing as well as can be expected. We spent the afternoon geocaching with my sister (if you don't know what that is, check out http://www.geocaching.com). This evening and tomorrow we'll be with my brother's family in North San Diego. It is nice to be in a home with lots of activity this evening -- 4 kids keep everything lively. They surprised me with a gift of a trip to a spa to get my nails done tomorrow morning. How fun. Joshua is enjoying his cousins and we'll soon be playing games and eating ice cream sundaes.

We'll be back at San Clemente Presbyterian on Sunday and then we'll start learning what life without Jon at home will be like. Thank you for your prayers and encouragement. They are appreciated.

Sheryl for the Jarhed :)

3 Comments:

Blogger JarHedJon said...

Joe: Thanks for the love, it's almost like I can feel it... Do you ever get used to this wind and biting gritty sand in the air, can your body compensate by developing a way to squint that minimizes the damage, or am I just stuck with wearing goggles for a year? I never thought of myself as tear-duct-challenged (tho Sheryl does, I believe, for different reasons).
Semper Fi, Jon G.

9:51 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Mom: Thanks for keeping everyone updated regarding my travels, etc. Is it helpful to many folks to have my blog information, or is that information generally useless to many in your circle? Cannot believe the good cooking at the chowhalls over here--I think I had the best bowl of navy bean soup I've ever had in my life yesterday. Can't remember you making navy bean soup very often, so I don't think you'd take offense at that....
Semper Fi, Jon G.

9:55 PM  
Blogger JarHedJon said...

Joe: some of the vehicles have aircon, some not--but I don't think windows down is an option, as all are armored. Weather is not too bad yet, similar to CA, but understand the 24 hour extremes (cold at night and heat at day) will begin to get pretty dramatic by the end of May.
Semper Fi, Jon G.

4:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home