JARHEDJON

This is the LOG of a MARINE

Monday, July 13, 2009

Riding a Wave

It's hard to believe that over a month has gone by since my last post. I was able to participate for two weeks with my soon-to-be SMCR unit BEFORE separating from Active Duty on 01 July, and this past weekend I just completed my first actual Drill with them. I've already recieved the cash from selling back my leave to the Corps, and it ended up being almost twice what we had forecast. This was due mostly to the fact that the majority of the leave I sold back turned out to be leave earned while in a combat zone--which is tax free. Apparently the taxes on leave sold back is generally very high, but we escaped that. We are really praising God for that.
Participation with the Jr. High kids at the church is ramping up as we get to the end of the summer, and though I will not be able to attend (as a counselor) a two week retreat in the mountains at the end of this month, I'm finding it rewarding as well as challenging. Though rarely "easy," I think this type of involvement is perhaps more up my alley than sitting on a committee or something.
I'll be starting to perform Drills at my old command tommorrow, and as time allows and in the absence of job offers, I plan to use all of my paid drills before the end of the FY (I've already coordinated a mission that will permit this).
All said, God is truly providing for us, and blessing us with many opportunities to paise Him. As always, thanks for your continued prayers.

Semper Fi,
JarHedJon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home